What’s your mindset when you wake up on Monday morning? Do you wake up thinking you have the best job ever, or do you feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders? A positive week always starts with a positive mindset. Though weekends are wonderful and restful, you should look forward to every new day—even Mondays! Every day is a chance to make a difference in the world and in the lives of others. There’s no limit to what you can achieve, so if you find yourself weary or in a negative headspace when a new week rolls around, remember these things! If you feel yourself lacking motivation, look to your team for encouragement and reassurance—we’re all in this together, now more than ever.
What do you get out of your business? Why do you wake up every morning to do what you do? Recognition is excellent and keeps morale up, but you should never be a business owner for this reason alone. One of the important things that should drive you each and every day is knowing that, when you wake up to take on the world, you’re giving others an opportunity. Pay attention to the opportunities in front of you and work to offer them to others! Going forward, keep these 7 points in mind.
- You get and give an opportunity; you don’t get or give a guarantee.
- Focus on how to make your business better to enhance opportunities. How can you make your processes more efficient and easier for yourself, your customers, and your team? Pay attention to the little things that make a difference for your business and always look for opportunities that enhance your business positively.
- Notice ways to connect to your customers. How often do you take the time to engage with your customers? When I say engage, I don’t mean just liking their new Facebook status—genuine engagement means leaving thoughtful comments that start or keep conversations and connections strong between you and your customer base. When you notice a customer sharing something insightful or personal, take the time to interact with them to show them that they are more than a customer to you! This type of engagement leaves them wanting to work with you time and time again.
- Think of your work as important! Never forget your business motto and goals. Your business has always been and will always be more than just a “money maker.” Whether you’re in business to educate women on the importance of sexual health or own a car selling business, always remember your bottom line and why you started in the first place. It likely wasn’t for the money, so never forget that passion.
- Be aware of your potential impact. Many times your business can positively impact people in a way that you did not foresee. Recognize this and hone in on that impact when it takes place.
- There is opportunity everywhere! I mean it! Opportunities are all around us; sometimes, we just have to seek them out. Never be afraid to embrace a new opportunity because you don’t know what it might turn into!
- Make more, spend less. Did you know for 20 years, three meals a day at $5 per meal is $109,500.00. That’s a lot of money! And what I always say you need for your retirement, and that’s just if you want to eat! Now is the time to spend less and save more. Consistency in business leads to consistent funds, so take advantage of opportunities by investing your hard-earned cash or placing it in a savings account. Always have a strategy for how you make more, spend less, and save like it’s nobodies business! You can thrive and survive at the same time.
Focus on Your Goals
Whatever your goals are, get laser-focused on them. Embrace the freedom of being your own boss and always make good decisions. Wake up with the faith that each day will be better than the last. And, never forget, connection and community have not been canceled! Engage with your customers and team as much as you can because genuine connections lead to more opportunities down the road.