What Are You Thankful for in 2020?

November 24, 2020

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” – Melody Beattie

Do you find it can be difficult to take a moment to express gratitude for all of life’s blessings? 2020 has beaten and bruised us all. Embrace the hardship as growth and take this time to reflect on your blessings this Thanksgiving.

Psychologists from the Universities of Miami and California, Davis completed a study on gratitude. For 10 weeks, the researchers asked one group of study participants to create a list of those things for which they were grateful. A second group was asked to jot down things that were unpleasant or irritating. A third group wrote about things that affected them – whether negatively or positively.

The study concluded that those who literally took note of their thankfulness were more optimistic about their lives and the future. The same group also exercised more and remained healthier.

What are you thankful for? Being grateful does not always have to be a big production.

• Say a silent “thank you” for the meal you’re about to enjoy.
    • Did you get a holiday bonus? Send a hand-written thank you note to your supervisor.
    • Did your package arrive today? Shout a socially distanced, “THANKS,” to your UPS, USPS, FedEX or Prime driver.

Train your brain to start being thankful this Thanksgiving. Showing gratitude is the best path to success, health and happiness. Once you begin, it will be easier to appreciate the small things more deeply and often.

Facebook
Twitter
4.7 3 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
7 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Renée Frazier
Renée Frazier
1 month ago

So thankful for this tribe and the good health of my family

Jennifer Zengerling
1 month ago

I’M thankful that I made it through surgery today. There were no complications for the first time in my life. Now I just have the painful recovery to make it through.

Last edited 1 month ago by Jennifer Zengerling
Dawn Dulas
Dawn Dulas
1 month ago

We are currently in the one of the states that you cannot sit in a restaurant to eat. This morning, one of my best friends called me up and wanted to do a “car picnic”. We decided to order pick up from a local place. While on the phone placing… Read more »

Tori Snowdeal
1 month ago

I’m thankful I’ve been able to buy most of the kids Christmas gifts this year with my Pure Romance paychecks 💜

Ashley De Villiers
1 month ago

I am thankful for my family. I’m also thankful for all my family being healthy and safe. I’m Thankful for my finance and all he does for me and our family! I’m also so so thankful for Pure Romance and the opportunitys it has givin me and all of my… Read more »

Catherine Roscoe
1 month ago

I am thankful for my Children my other half and family and friends. I am thankful for myself and knowing I can do anything I put my mind to. I am thankful to wake up everyday even though my health isn’t the best. I am thankful to the many sisters… Read more »

Kathy Lopez
1 month ago

So thankful for life, family, job, food, and every new person a know each day and the ones to come. But of all these a Give thanks to God!!

Happy Thanksgiving Chris to u and ur family my God Bless u all